View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Normally I would recommend carefully selecting a small school with good rates, good managers, good instructors, good Mx, and a good training philosophy. But this takes some leg-work that might be hard to accomplish from abroad.

Here are two small schools which some of the members of this forum often recommend:
Prairie Air Service (Kansas)
Scandinavian (California)

Otherwise I would probably recommend a bog academy because you can learn a lot about them on the internet and can probably avoid serious pitfalls.

If money is no object I would go with Flight Safety or Aerosim...they are owned by companies who are involved in professional (large, turbine) aircraft training and they are not going to risk their reputation in the industry by running a fly-by-night ab initio flight school with their name it. Their need to maintain their industry reputation is a pretty good guarantee of quality (but not economy).

If money is an issue look at ATP's etc. But when considering large schools with multiple locations, ask about the location you plan on attending...different location can have different managers.