View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Baxter
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: Boeing/Right

Asked and answered. Thanks for taking the time.

It is good to see you are actively working within the system to make the changes you feel are necessary rather than merely complaining. If you think the current leadership needs to be recalled, the procedure is set forth in the bylaws. Be careful though. Unseating leadership is the easy part. You will need to have people in place to fill the positions.

As an outsider, I would presume to suggest that repetitions of past misdeeds or allegations of same will not garner you the support you need. Nor will statements that would be perceived as aligning you with the Frontier group or with RAH management.

It is an unfortunate fact that the relationship between the RAH and Frontier pilots is adversarial if not toxic. Same for the relationship between the RAH pilots and RAH management. And in that regard you are correct in saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. But since that genie is out of the bottle, you need to work within the environment that has been collectively created.

In an earlier post, one of the more vocal RAH pilots accused you of being a Frontier pilot posing as RAH. To be completely honest, some of your comments directly attack not the 357 leadership, but the RAH rank and file. I can see how some would reach that conclusion. In that environment, any effort to get the support of the RAH group will be stillborn. Again speaking as an outsider, if you plan to make the changes you wish to make, you will need to change your tactics.

Spewing venom in public will not accomplish your goal, it will only invite venom-spewing from those whom you anger and insult. Retaliation against those who anger and insult you will be equally unproductive, if not counterproductive.

Good luck in your quest. I sincerely hope you are able to establish leadership which is effective and in whom the membership has sufficient confidence to follow. Toning down the rhetoric would be a good first step.

FWIW