View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM
lolwut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Doing what you do, for less.

I think regional airline pilots seem to greatly overestimate the amount of give-a-crap that major airline pilots and major airline hiring boards have for the whole Transstates vs GoJet thing.

Half of the major airline guys don't even know what a GoJet is. They know is some Part 121 airline that you flew an RJ at... just like any other Part 121 airline. The other half that do, don't care. Every regional is looked at as a "steal your job, outsourced worker, operate as the lowest bidder" type airline when you're looking at it through the eyes of a mainline pilot.

It really doesn't matter. Trans States pilots would like to convince you it does, and maybe it should, but in the end... it doesn't. People who lack maturity always want to have someone they can look down upon... someone they can feel like they're better than. A higher class citizen. If you're told by everyone around you that GoJet meets that requirement then it makes you feel good inside to feel that way about them even though they've never actually done anything to you.

As far as the rest of your questions, I have no idea but I'm going to guess that life probably sucks there. Depends on what you want to get out of it.