View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
NetJets_DA2Easy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

http://forums.flightinfo.com/printthread.php?t=74586

Boilermaker 03-08-2006 10:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NJA Reserve schedule

Is there a simple explanation of how your reserve schedule works?? I ran into a guy the other day and he loved it. I am thinking of applying but thought I'd try to get as much info as possible before hand. (And yes, I did try a search but didn't uncover much). Thanks to all!

be-400xpdriver 03-08-2006 10:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The can work you 18 days a month. You have to call in every night by 7pm to see if tomorrow is a work day. Only time you dont have to call in is required days off, example the four days you are off after 7 days on. They have been projecting when they will use you, on our crewops website, and pretty much sticking to it. But then can change any time they want. You get two two day stretches off a month or one 4 day stretch that you pick. They can limit it for certian agreed apon days(holidays) and if to many people ask for the same day.

hopalong 03-08-2006 11:49

When you call in the night before, do you usually do day trips or are you gone for a few days at a time?

old*art 03-08-2006 12:08

You are gone .. not sure how long but can be 7 days.

psysicx 03-08-2006 13:59

Can you change your days off each month?

Twotter76 03-08-2006 14:15

Yes you can submit a new H day (hard day off) request each month. Ive been on the RSV since I got here and I like it so far. But they have also been keeping me on 7 days trips which I prefer.

AirBear8 03-08-2006 14:17

Yes, you bid your "hard" days off for each month. Pairs of 2 divided by at least 7 days back on or a single group of 4 days off. Some have been taking the last 4 days and the first 4 days of a month to give 8 days in a row off. There's still some question if the contract allows that or not but some have gotten away with it. All my trips have been 7 days long followed by 4 mandatory days off. I let a couple of days go by then insert hard days off so I've been able to basically have a 7 on 7 off schedule on reserve. But you can't count on them always doing 7 day trips, if they stop that I'll work more days. They've only changed my posted schedule once when they bumped a 7 day trip by one day.

AirBear

DO-82 driver 03-08-2006 14:17

Because they realize that 7 day trips are more efficient for them.....RTS said as much. EJM has been on it and NJI is on it.

I really believe you'll see more start dates like we had a bunch of years ago.

psysicx 03-08-2006 17:39

Will you be working 18 days each month?

JetProp 03-08-2006 18:17

It's a love/hate thing..some love it, I can't stand it and can't wait to get 7/7.

be-400xpdriver 03-08-2006 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopalong
When you call in the night before, do you usually do day trips or are you gone for a few days at a time?

Thats funny. I fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

AirBear8 03-08-2006 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by psysicx
Will you be working 18 days each month?

Sometimes you will. It's not unusual for them to have nothing for you on day 1 of a tour and you just sit at home/hotel ready to leave with 30 minutes notice. They normally won't have you do this more than 9 hours because they have to pay you overtime. Probably half the time all I do on the last day of a tour is airline home. Again, if you bid your "H" days the right way and they insist on having you fly 7 day tours you can work less than 18 days a month.

AirBear

Archie Bunker 03-08-2006 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by be-400xpdriver
Thats funny. I fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

What's so funny about that? He's probably a Pt 121 airline guy used to standing airline type reserve, where you can be called out for a 2 leg out and back, or given a 4 day trip. Basically anything goes on airline reserve if you have the available days.

If NJA sends you out for a week, or covers your entire reserve period with a trip, then that's just one less night you have to spend in a hotel or crashpad on your coin. Works for me.

V1 Rotate 03-09-2006 10:16

How long does reserve last typically? How does per diem work while on Reserve?

AirBear8 03-11-2006 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1 Rotate
How long does reserve last typically? How does per diem work while on Reserve?

You're thinking of reserve in Part 121 airline terms. It's usually not like that here at NJ. All reserve means is you may fly up to 3 more days per month than the 7 on 7 off pilots will. Another difference is you have to call in by 7pm the night before a non-mandatory day off to see if they need you. In actual practice your schedule is posted on the company website and they generally abide by it. You have very few non-mandatory days off. 7 day trips are the norm but some reserves are getting shorter trips. The only time you're sitting around "on call" is if they don't have anything for you to do then they may let you sit at home or at the hotel if already on a trip. In those cases you have 30 minutes to depart the house/hotel if called out. They normally won't keep you on call for more than 12 hours because of having to pay overtime past that point. Per Diem is paid at all times except when you're at home on call. Once you leave your domicile the per diem clock runs until you return to domicile at the end of the trip. New Hires are on reserve until training is complete and you're ready for IOE. At that point you can bid a 7-7 line since most of the fleet already has more than the minimum 10% of pilots on reserve.

AirBear

Last edited by NetJets_DA2Easy; 02-26-2007 at 12:21 PM.