View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
NetJets_DA2Easy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

http://forums.flightinfo.com/printth...?t=86409&pp=40

Bronco Buster 09-21-2006 21:19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reserve at NetJets

At this point in time, how long are new hires having to sit reserve. Are there enough folks bidding reserve, so that a new hire could hope to get off reserve and on a 7x7 schedule in less than 6 months. I am particularly interested in the situation at CMH and TEB. Thanks in advance.

Archie Bunker 09-21-2006 21:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the 7/7 schedule on my first possible bid (I was hired in May). Shouldn't be a problem.

paulsalem 09-21-2006 22:45

I think reserve ends up going senior b/c of the extra pay.

notaNJApilot 09-21-2006 22:56

7/7 is the default schedule. the only way a new hire would get reserve is if he bid it and was senior enough to hold it or was involuntarily assigned due to the minimum requirement not being met by more senior pilots in the seat/fleet. i think the ultra and or encore had some involuntarily assigned guys last time. domicile has nothing to do with which schedule you get.

notaNJApilot 09-21-2006 22:57

also, a new hire is reserve until he is released to IOE (if that's what you meant?). so if you get awarded a 7/7 line, it's there waiting for your once you are released to IOE. that amount of time varies by fleet.

Pervis 09-22-2006 00:14

Let's put a major misconception to rest. Reserve at NJA is not reserve at the airlines. All it means is you may work up to 18 days per month and don't know what the next month holds for schedule, except the 4 guaranteed days off that you can set. CRC tells you what days you're on for the month. Works great for me, and I am very senior. All my kids are grown and gone, and I don't have a clue whta't happening next week much less next year. Most of those I know on reserve are also very senior-at least in my fleet. Ways exist to make the most of it.

wanttofly 09-22-2006 00:41

Actually when they split the Encore/Ultra fleet EVERY single fo bid the reserve, they had to force people onto the 7n7. I think with the exception of one fleet (can't remember which one or if PIC or SIC) that the only fleets that are forcing people onto the reserve is the dying fleets like the 7 which are not open to new hires anyway.

Mach92 09-22-2006 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pervis (Post 1121752)
Let's put a major misconception to rest. Reserve at NJA is not reserve at the airlines. All it means is you may work up to 18 days per month and don't know what the next month holds for schedule, except the 4 guaranteed days off that you can set. CRC tells you what days you're on for the month. Works great for me, and I am very senior. All my kids are grown and gone, and I don't have a clue whta't happening next week much less next year. Most of those I know on reserve are also very senior-at least in my fleet. Ways exist to make the most of it.

Gosh your not kidding. I am in the top 10% for my plane and work on avg 15 days a month. I have had two 28 day vacations which is possible on the RSV with placement of "H" days. Since 2006 began, I have only worked ONE 18 day month. Not bad for 16K more a year.

Nixon 09-22-2006 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach92 (Post 1121794)
I have had two 28 day vacations which is possible on the RSV with placement of "H" days

Could you explain how to get 28 day vacations by clever use of "H" days?

JustInfo 09-22-2006 18:44

Mach .92, shhhhhhhhh. Don't let out all the reserve secrets! LOL

AirBear8 09-22-2006 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixon (Post 1121880)
Could you explain how to get 28 day vacations by clever use of "H" days?

You're taking a chance doing this unless you're going to be near your base but here's how it can be done:

You get 15 days vacation twice a year on reserve. You also get 4 Hard Days off. So that's 19 days with no risk. It's very rare to be sent out for less than a 5 day tour. It happens, but not often. It's usually not cost efficient because of the airline tickets at both ends. So you can bid a pair of H days 3 to 4 days prior to vacation starting and again 3 to 4 days after vacation. Now if you are way out of town and they do decide to do a short tour you have to scramble. Using sick leave at that point would look very funny and might result in a "Bridgeway One" arrival.

AirBear

JustInfo 09-22-2006 22:01

It actually works best if your vacation overlaps two months (last week of one month, first week of next) then you have 4 H days to play with on each end of the vacation if you are so inclined.

Go Fly 09-23-2006 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanttofly (Post 1121770)
Actually when they split the Encore/Ultra fleet EVERY single fo bid the reserve, they had to force people onto the 7n7. I think with the exception of one fleet (can't remember which one or if PIC or SIC) that the only fleets that are forcing people onto the reserve is the dying fleets like the 7 which are not open to new hires anyway.

Not sure what you're talking about there wanttofly. Maybe the Encore? I know lots more Ultra SICs that bid 7n7 than reserve, me included.

AirBear8 09-23-2006 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Fly (Post 1122888)
Not sure what you're talking about there wanttofly. Maybe the Encore? I know lots more Ultra SICs that bid 7n7 than reserve, me included.

Yes, it was the Encore. All the SIC's who changed from Ultra to Encore bid reserve. Only the senior 40% got it, the rest were junior assigned 7-7 lines.

AirBear

flywest 09-23-2006 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirBear8 (Post 1122519)
You're taking a chance doing this unless you're going to be near your base but here's how it can be done:

Word of warning to those who are looking into this possibility:

They can and WILL use you for short tours. I am not on the reserve, so can not speak for them, but I have been airlined out and back for a 2 DAY TOUR (7 days reduced to 2 due to sick time). I have also been sitting at home on the end of a 7 day tour and been called out on DAY 7 to do an out and back.

Proceed with caution!

skyward80 09-25-2006 11:37

From what I gather in this thread as well as a few others... pretty much everybody is on a 7x7 schedule (yes, there are exceptions as mentioned above). As a person gets more senior, reserve is actually the way to go. It could mean less days at work for the month (although that's not guaranteed) and more money. Is that a correct statement?

Anybody have any clue as to how this might work at NetJets International? Is it all the same or are there major differences? Thanks to all the NetJets guys for helping out. I'm hoping to go that route very soon.

Skyward80

Abbey 09-25-2006 17:00

Mostly correct. It is definately more money up front and a couple of days off less per month. On the reserve schedule, one can not look 4 months down the road and say "I am off on the 27th" as you can if you 7&7 it.

The term "reserve" at NetJets is a terrible way to describe the schedule. Flex or Alternative would be better. When compared to 121, ALL NJA pilots are on reserve. None of us knows where or when we will be going or what FBO we spend the day in until we are actually doing it. There is also no sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring on a NJA reserve schedule. You will get the same instructions as the 7&7 holders. The reserve schedule is a good deal for those who are flexible on their days off.

Last edited by NetJets_DA2Easy; 02-26-2007 at 12:27 PM.