Thread: Suggestions 4 dealing w/insecure Capt

tripleplay , 08-18-2012 06:52 PM
Line Holder
tripleplay
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2011
Quote: Notice that the majority of comments are from First Officers. Captains are professional enough to not talk negatively about people they fly with. You can't really say that about the First Officers hired over the years. Even the abbreviations and structure of the title of this thread leads one to believe that we aren't dealing with a very professional group of aviators!

You ever stop and think that not one "FO" got here without a ton of Captain time? Your post leads me to believe you have no FAR 121 Captain time. We all occasionally fly with a wanker, and like it or not we have to figure out a way to deal with them without compromising safety. As a Captain it is easy to deal with someone, as an FO it takes far more finesse.

Keep the voice recorder on the phone handy and ready to record, just the act of hitting record will probably shut him up, if not (and he is a non-union guy) get removed from the trip and play it for the Fleet Captain and DO. They pay us to do a job and the roles are very well defined to prevent just this kind of unsafe crap from happening. But what do I know, I'm just an FO.......