View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 AM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

As a bottom lineholder/senior reserve on the 756, here's what you can expect-

IF you get a line, it will be primarily 3 day low credit trips. Expect 6 of them for the month. (Yupe- 6 crossing, 18 days work!)
You may get a 6 day trip in there too, or a DH IRO trip.. we do the 'W' with the overnight in IAD. Commuters like them, I live local and would rather do back to back 3 days. Get home in between~

If you are reserve (most likely), you will either get A (Long call/12 hr) or B (Short/3hr). Again, 18 days on.
On reserve, you will fly (primarily) the crappy 3 days that line holders trade out of. GLA, BHX, SNN or BFS; with the occasional EDI, DUB, LHR. Might also get tagged for a 6 day LHR, AMS, DUB, MAN or CDG.
We are also starting to do some Domestic stuff with the fleet, so expect the low credit time stuff that people drop.

I say 'If' because there are times where you will be way below holding a line.. and somehow you will! Guys (and gals) senior to you bid reserve to get certain days off, or because they know that bidding reserve in certain months will let them stay home ALOT.
[In Jan, I was on B-rsv and flew 2 trips, and in May I bid B-rsv and flew 4 trips~ Could have been a line holder. In Sept, I should have been a reserve guy, but got a bottom line!]

All in all, it's not bad (depending where you came from, where you live, and what you like). NOT GREAT but could be worse~
That being said, I am a NO Vote (on the JCBA) unless there are some major improvements to the way we 'operate' on the 756 BES.

Hope this helps.
Motch
756 FO EWR

PS> Expect EWR if you get the 756. The IAH 756 base will be shrinking..

Last edited by horrido27; 09-05-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added the "PS"