View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

It all depends on the priorities of your professional and personal life.

I enjoy flying airplanes and I like helping get people from Point A to Point B. I take pride in my job and ensuring safe, on-time, friendly customer service. That said, I HATE the BS involved in airline flying. I hate delay-prone airports like LGA and PHL. I hate dealing with company-built parings and lines that are inefficient and completely fail to take into consideration the lives of crewmembers outside of work. I hate the "that's not my job" attitude, missing a commute because the lazy-rampers are too busy watching Monday Night Football, and getting airplanes out of a maintenance base with a bunch of MELs.

As much as it is my dream to work for UPS, if I could find a corporate job near where I want to live that provides decent equipment, fair compensation and vastly improved QOL, I would be on it in an instant. When I was a kid I didn't answer "spend half the month in hotel rooms away from my family" when asked what I wanted to do when I grow up.

Don't mistake this post for bitterness - it is not. Its simply my way of saying figure out what you want out of life and pursue whatever employment will empower you to achieve those goals.