View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
JollyF15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Let's get back on track

Originally Posted by Don Q View Post
Jolly,

We can tell him to become a "Flight Surgeon", oh wait... They are some kind of doctor, not a pilot.

Sometimes I feel like a Doctor, when I have to perform "surgery", trying to put a Maverick through a window, or an LGB on a target while not killing friendlies, or what about not shooting your bro' in an ACM engagement, or strafing the wrong target, or just basically not hitting your wingman while flying formation. Discipline... my friend, two different kind of professions.

Never mind, I guess I got side tracked. Let me go back to reality...
Let's put it in perspective, How much does a doctor pays to come into our office (ie. plane ticket) vs. How much we pay to go in their offices? Ching-Ching!!! $$$
Have anybody seen insurance premiums lately?
I've never been guilty of shooting my wingman or any other blue on blue (as far as you know). But if I did, and I'm saying I did, the sob deserved it!

How's about we get back on track here---I think we all agree that the industry is under paid for the most part. It needs to get fixed. It's not like anyone can do this job. It takes a lot of training and experience. I'm not trying to bring down "our profession"---I'm simply saying quit making outragous statements about "look what he's making." Getting back to the original thread here---will we ever get back to pre-911 pay rates? I hope so, but I'm guessing probably not. I hope I'm wrong.