Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 PM
blackbox
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: FO

Originally Posted by seoceancrosser View Post
Blackbox, you are not seeing the big picture. Don't compare going to work to going on a vacation. Sometimes you get lucky, get a good crew to hang out with in a decent place. That is not of your choosing. Other times you do not. A vacation is with people that I like on my time of my choosing. There are many places that you will visit with Omni, but it will not be a vacation.

That is not what my post is about to begin with. It is about being very careful on deciding on Omni. Omni is not a career place nor do they want you to make a career there. If you are looking for a home, then you should look elsewhere.
I know it's not a career/home but the opportunity for those like me to come here and do what we do at Omni as apposed to being stuck in the right seat of an RJ for 5+ years, I'll take this. Regionals aren't, or at least shouldn't be looked at as careers either. Still hundreds of pilots flock there every year to do out-n-backs for days on end. Yes, they do build more time but again, I'd rather do this.