View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Accuracy

RedeyeAV8r,

Actually I have an accurate opinion of airline pilots. In the 1960's major airlines hired 20 year old kids with 200 hours and not a day of college. In 3 months they were serving on the flight deck. Though I have never been in the military I have been told that the military invests only a few hundred hours into training before they take a roll as line pilot to be followed a short time later as aircraft commander.

College and minimum flight times are false restrictions placed upon the application process by HR to restrict the flood of airline hopefuls. It is not difficult to become a professional grade pilot nor is college and experience all that necessary. Modern planes are making it easier everyday.

Medicine requires a high degree of dedication, intellect and education. The ranks of doctors are restricted by many factors. Their profession has suffered however most do far better than the majority of major airline pilots and can look forward to a bright future. The reason is that they have a rare and in demand skill to offer. An airline pilot can be made in less than six months. It takes more dedication and time invested in training to become licensed to cut hair.

A more interesting question is "why do you think you are worth so much"? Right now someone is doing your job at Gemini for less than half.

SkyHigh

PS. You are right. My friend does have a previous four year degree before he became a PA.