View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Originally Posted by F224 View Post
Non-compete agreements are almost always voided by the courts for two reasons, too long (over one year) and two broad (the entire country would fit that category, not to mention extra territorial) it's law school 101 stuff.

I would tell them to stuff it and watch them panic, if all of your pilots do it together, they will back off.

My advice, talk to a labor and/or contract attorney.
Unfortunately, there are always one or two weasels ... not to mention hundreds who will drop right in your seat if you vacate it. While I don't know the small details of your situation, of course, including (and I mean nothing personal) your own performance / deportment - which may be a factor here - I'd be inclined to lawyer up. Even if you try the discussion and handshake approach mentioned above (and this is the best way, if possible), forewarned is forearmed. An attorney can tell you if you have any recourse (and what to indicate to your bosses verbally, if anything) as well as if your employer has ammo or blanks.

My G_d, are there any operations anywhere in the U. S. that aren't run by a bunch of greedy incompetent jerks?

(It's rhetorical. Don't bother answering, I already know).