Thread: EGL TA Ratified
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
MunkyButtr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by samballs View Post
Well since your post is all about you, lets go over what we don't like(I used it for 7 yrs). First jr. Guys get hosed, it does not honor everything, it likes to have you at work, not off. It reduces staffing, when bidding hard lines I know what ill get, pbs tells me what I can have. Say I want mon-weds off each week, but it can only give me it once or twice, now I get a line with 4 on 1 off 4 on, 4 on 1 off 4 on. Then another 4 off. For those of you that rather be at work then home, read a flying magazine all day, and go to air shows in between shifts thats a great schedule otherwise the rest of us with lives rather not have that. Also if it doesn't like any of my bid then I get whatever it wants, meaning the ****ty of **** trips. But hey it works for you so who cares about the other 3000, you wont like it when you start losing aircraft. I wouldn't even say jr. Guys get hosed so do sr. Bidding for trips specifically is hard because you don't know what trips the guys in front of you bid for so. So basically after #5 on the list you bid days off and report and release and hope it works. Still I'm glad it works for you, but will it work for while other company's are flying your aircraft?
Do you feel better now? Was all that really necessary? I was simply asking what you were worried about because I was genually curious. I didn't have much of a paper bid opportunity to really compare it to anything. I spent plenty of time at the bottom to know what scheds are like for junior guys. Thanks to those who gave mature responses without attacking the obvious. You stay classy samballs.