Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by duvie View Post
Are you planning on traveling a lot? If so, are you more interested in Europe and Africa (east coast bases make European travel very easy) or Asia and the South Pacific (SFO is an incredibly gateway to the pacific rim)?
Airline pilots get time off to travel? I didn't know that.... I still haven't been out of the US.

Originally Posted by greenpilot20 View Post
I've been at SKW a little over a year and although I probably guzzle the Kool-Aid more than most, have to say I'm pretty happy here. Good variety of domiciles, decent contract, wise management with lots of cash laying around, I dunno it's still a regional but overall living in base it seems as good a place as any. I pick up plenty of open time and when I was on reserve, Crew Support treated me pretty well.

I have quite a few friends who went the ASA/ExpressJet route and most are happy as well. They were hired what appears to be more of the front side of their recent hiring though so their time on reserve was substantially shorter than others.
I guess I've drank the kool-aid too but I'll second everything greenpilot says. I'm pretty happy at Skywest. I have friends at XJT who are happy there too. Guys I know at Eagle and Republic... Not so happy..

My only complaint about Skywest so far is that I don't fly. I've averaged less than 10 hours a month for 7 months now on reserve. That would be great if I lived in base. Not so great as a commuter. It's a good airline though and I still think I made the right choice.