View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM
atr42flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: A300, FO

Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
Alright. So i am currently workign on my instrument rating at utah state university.
I have a NEW teacher, teaching instrument.

It is his FIRST year teaching.

to me, that is a BIG read flag.

DO you think it is a good idea putting a first year teacher in teaching instrument ground? Especially in one of the most vital ratings of our careers in flying.
This guy doesn't really teach, he is only playing the jeppesen videos and we read the chapter and do the questions at the end of the book.

I feel like i am wasting money on a terrible college experience, with a crummy ground teacher.

It does seem like he knows what he is talking about, he just can't teach..and he sounds like he isn't an authoritative figure, i feel like i can take of advantage of him easily.
I wouldn't trust this guy with my life in IFR conditions.

Before you get on here and start criticizing someone maybe look in the mirror, oh and proof read your posts.

FYI its RED, not read

you come on here complaining, why not take action, your in charge of your own destiny and if your unhappy then you need to take it to the right people. This forum has little sympathy for 100 hour wonder pilots who think they got it all figured out.