View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 AM
SewerPipeDvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Done with that

Originally Posted by Eastie Pilot View Post
R57,

Sewerpipe makes Boeingboy look like a wise old man. Apparently being a liquered up divorce attorney from Texas that lost his medical 8 years ago due to heart disease (or retired as he sees it) and who knows a couple of American pilots more than qualifies him to discuss what is going on at US Airways. If you read his 16 posts (joined in October), you will realize that he doesn't understand the Railway Labor Act, thinks unions are unprofessional (to quote: "unions are for garbage men"), has no understanding of what it takes to get hired at a major airline in today's environment, and in fact, its not clear that he ever flew for a major airline. But hey, that's never stopped anyone from having an opinion on an Internet message board.
To many assumptions on your part. Easy now to understand the US Air problems.
First of all I am not a divorce attorney. But they are not difficult to handle and for select friends I do so. Yes I lost my medical due to heart disease 8 years ago. Sold the 421. And retired on my disability insurance and retirement which was quite substantial. I have forgotten more about labor law than you even know exist. But I don't care to keep up with new case law anymore. I know enough about US Air but those opinions were not my own. My friends at AA expressed this. Paraphrased but accurate. Certainly I did not fly at a major. I got out of a Sewerpipe and never looked back. As far as MY opinion of the unions for Professional Pilots? This reply from Night Hawk 6 summed it up very well.

"APA leadership(?) out of touch, say it ain't so. Unfortunately the membership is out of touch as are most members of the airline pilot profession. Relying on negotiating tactics and associations designed in the 1930's for a regulated industry is what is out of touch. Working under the thumb of government regulations written in 1926 is out of touch. Pilots refuse to take the action necessary to protect and promote their profession thus you see pilots reduced to bus driver status in the eyes of their employers, fellow employees and the general public. The entire pilot profession should have taken action the moment the first pilot lost the first dime due to a bankruptcy ruling, but we all know what happened, nothing. Very sad."

Pilots are some of the most intelligent people working. Both my friends would astound anybody with a brain with the depth of their knowledge. They both hate what has happened to this industry and cannot wait to get out. So enjoy your life and I suspect you will not be happy camper in the future as you already seem defensive and angry. Life is too short.

Going to the lodge! Deer hunting starts today and it will be a great two weeks! Great hunting, great food and great drink and even better company. Including my two best friends at AA. Good day to all.