Line Holder
bornc7d
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
  • Position
    Flap Operator
Quote: I appreciate your confidence, but if I became unconscious or incapacitated on you IOE and you had a total of 25 hours (REAL TIME) in a jet . . . Even with 1200 TT or more . . .

#1) You would Sh!t bricks going it alone thinking about, Getting down from altitude, not overspeeding the plane, setting up the FMS, complying with speed and altitude restrictions, flying the plane and operating the radios while at 480 kts., running check lists, talking to the FA's (Flight Attendants) in back, preparing for an emergency landing in case you botched the approach up, making sure you didn't get slow on the approach or even forgetting to put the gear down . . .

#2)You probably wouldn't know what to do first, you might even freeze up. Remember, there is no one there to encourage you or correct your mistakes.

THIS IS WHY IT'S SCARY TO FLY WITH LOWER TIME PILOTS WHO HAVE ONLY FLOWN SMALL GA AIRCRAFT.
If the only (REAL TIME) is a jet what would 5000tt count if it was in a c172. When you came out on IOE the first time even with a lot of hours I bet you would be a little overwhelmed if your captain became incapacitated. Heck I bet CAPTAINS on IOE wouldnt fair great if that happened, so what do hours count for at that point. If your a good pilot,payed attention in training passed the checkride, why should it make a difference.