Old 01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Best laid plans

Originally Posted by preludespeeder
sky high,

I do not live on a 60k a year middle class income right now, I only need $1800 a month to survive while I am in school. My wife's job brings home about $2000 a month which is enough for us to survive. We have planned our life style right now to get through the hard times that are ahead. In a couple of years when i am making 2000 a month and she is making roughly the same we will be living better then my previous income was suppling us with..
Yea but now it will take both of you to make what you were earning at the warehouse. Besides, you don't even know what the future holds. There are a lot of assumptions on your part. If the fire sale on RJ's happens like some are predicting you could see hiring at the regionals disappear overnight and not return in force for 5 or more years. It has happened before.

i agree with hfb in that if an airline is posting a profit that all employees should benefit from it. But what is your take on a company that is losing money everyday. should pay rates remain the same or should they adjust to what the company can afford. I see it as one of two roads to save money, option A is to lower pay across the board, or B lay off some employees so the ones remaining can keep there pay. Either way somebody is gonna get screwed Anyone have thoughts about this scenario and what they make of it.

Employees can enjoy the benefits of a profitable employer through stock ownership. Outside of that pilots are just a tool of management, a function of the operating costs. A company does not exist for the benefit of the employees. The benefits of a well run company belong to the stockholders.

SkyHigh