View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:19 AM
ultradrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 767

My we are a passionate bunch arent we? I tried reading this whole thread...its a biggie! Its looks like the controller gave up. I respect and rely on controllers 100%! When I want to deviate around a cell I want the controller to have his act together and his big picture planned out so I can...I will not wait.....no controller should tell a pilot he is overpaid! On the flip side I dont think the pilot should tell a controller he is overpaid...seperate jobs seperate responsibilites....all very improtant to the big picture. I am on furlough and have been for going on five years now...remember 9/11....I farm, I drive a semi, and I fly (or rather run the radios in the right seat)when someone will have me....and I wait and I wait and I wait for the call...Ive got a hunch that when I make the left seat my yearly average salary will not come out to 160k or higher....so yes I deserve the big salary when I get there to offset the low pay I have been making....I'm telling you guys it all averages out, but for now times are tough. Now as for Zaurus....you can bite me! I was the only non-college grad in my major airline class. College does not make the airman. I may not have alot of book sense but I do have a fair amount of common sense! common sense will kick book sense almost everytime. I dont discount the college degree its definately a higher level of education I wish I had. (the wat I've writtent this post is evidence of that)the lack of college hasnt made me less of a pilot. I can hang with the best of em....in fact I wish I could hang with Killbill....you can be my captain any time!!! I'm a good, compentant, first officer!! actually I guess I'm a second officer...when I get recalled I will go back as a first officer. And Zaurus If my lack of education has led me to misunderstand your post then I will stand up and apologize for my comments. I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong.