View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Night Hawk 6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Originally Posted by 7576FO View Post
Dec. 7 I'm a NO!

On our message board many are calling No voters "emotional" again.

I just cannot give that much on Scope.

AMR and the media portray this as a 4% raise, 2% raise the next year, 2% raise the next year then industry standard the 4th year of this 6 year deal.
So that NEVER NEVER NEVER could we AA pilots raise the bar like DAL UAL and SWA (UAL + 3% or DAL + 3%). Yet the loss of night pay, the loss of Int'l override pay on reserve (if you don't fly on reserve you don't get int'l override pay of CA $6 hr and FO $4.00 hr) For me becomes a small pay cut.

If this passes even though i'm voting NO, I would have to apologize for AA pilots never able to raise the bar for our fellow aviators(trix's) at the other majors.

We have never raised the bar in my career. For that i'm truly sorry.

I have lots of fight in me! I will fight.

Thanks you to the pilots of United Airlines and the pilots of Delta Airlines for standing firm and raising the bar. I regret that my compatriots at AA seem to not want to fight for what is rightfully all of our profession.

This contract would if passed with it's subjective words, would allow only a ISC never an ILC for the next decade.

7576FO
"Raising the bar" ??? Give me a break. Not only have the AA pilots failed, so have all pilots in our industry today. The old guard that is now leaving after 30 plus years should be held responsible for allowing the destruction of the airline pilot profession in the U.S. Those who are now coming up through the ranks must also bear responsibility for being so desperate and willing to accept crumbs for their efforts. Actually the real culprits in this sad story are the "associations" and those that so foolishly and blindly follow their lead. If the leaders of our profession had simply held the line, maintaining the purchasing power of our predecessors a narrow body captain would be earning approximately $290k for 75 hours per month. Oh there are those who shriek, “Everybody has taken cuts in every industry over the last few decades.” Really? Let’s see if any of you can tell me what has happened to executive compensation or government workers pay over the same time period? History really is a “B”, isn’t it?