View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:22 PM
uaav8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: 737 Captain

Originally Posted by intrepidcv11 View Post
You know what I'm tired of hearing how the CAL side is full of happy campers because of one bid. The metal we have arriving now was supposed to come 4 years ago. The movement we have coming was happening 5 years ago before our Warlus MEC Chair pulled the rug on Age 60. The growth is not simply this because Jeff hates the UAL side more.

If you want to keep playing the doom and gloom card fine, but guess what we WANT an ISL too! Many of us would like to get this POS airline and POS pilot union moving forward. Will we accept the concessions this TA offers for the next 5-6 years to get it, no. Ah I'm wasting my time. Off to drool at all the prime UAL red eyes I get to fly in the middle of multiple 4 days next month.
I understand that your new aircraft were ordered a long time ago and that you guys have actually had significant movement over the last decade. That's great news for Continental pilots. Hell, if I were a CAL pilot, I wouldn't want any part of an ISL with UAL pilots. But i'm not a CAL pilot. As for "doom and gloom", well that's pretty much been the career description of most UAL pilots since september 2001. An entire decade of pure stagnation and regression. Not your fault, but something I'm sure your side is well aware of.