View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 PM
ChrisJT6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by intrepidcv11 View Post
You know what I'm tired of hearing how the CAL side is full of happy campers because of one bid. The metal we have arriving now was supposed to come 4 years ago. The movement we have coming was happening 5 years ago before our Warlus MEC Chair pulled the rug on Age 60. The growth is not simply this because Jeff hates the UAL side more.

If you want to keep playing the doom and gloom card fine, but guess what we WANT an ISL too! Many of us would like to get this POS airline and POS pilot union moving forward. Will we accept the concessions this TA offers for the next 5-6 years to get it, no. Ah I'm wasting my time. Off to drool at all the prime UAL red eyes I get to fly in the middle of multiple 4 days next month.
Not interested debating the history behind how this whipsaw reality came about any more than you want to continue to deny it. No doubt many CAL pilots don't like as many things in this TA as do UAL pilots, but with max movement on your side it is considerably easier to live longer under your current contract. If becoming a single union was as important, you would most likely agree on the priority and long term value of a unified pilot group.
Are you seriously going to continue denying the whipsaw is the most common union busting tool and our current reality?
We just simply disagree that any issue in this TA is bigger than being a divided union...I would rather loose than be Mgmt pawns.
Oh yeah, I know many of a certain 1437 group who i am sure feel so bad for you having to fly a redeye...unbelievable whining. We also were hiring until Glenn found a partner in Jeff.