Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
LCAL dude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by uaav8r View Post
Clever cliche indeed. But at the end of the day it doesn't pay the bills. Of course, If I were a B737 captain it would. Unfortunately, 15 years in the right seat at United and here I am, a first officer 7 from the bottom on reserve (756). It's time for an ISL!
With "No windfalls" being part of any ISL, do you expect your 15 years to bump you from bottom reserve 756 FO (at LUAL) to 756 Captain (at LCAL?) Can you name any other ISL where this kind of movement has happened? What do you expect ISL outcome will be for you?

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
Everything in this thread is a perfect example of internet idiocy. Nothing said here has a single fact to back the comment. What is bad about the contract? Give a person a chance to debate.
You got it. LCAL pilots have been working without a contract for 4 years, LUAL for 2, I'm an LCAL pilot so let's take LCAL Retro Pay.

Had LCAL pilots gotten a new contract and a raise back to pre-concessionionary rates when concessionary Contract/POS '02 became amendable on December 31, 2008, they would have made tens of thousands of dollars more over the last 4 years. RetroPay2009.com Instead we are settling for pennies on the dollar owed us, and the company is banking the savings.

Not only is this stealing money out of my pocket, but when this contract becomes amendable on 31 December 2017 there is ZERO motivation for the company to negotiate in good faith, since there is no penalty for dragging it out for years. This TA sets a terrible precedent for on-time negotiations.

Given that LUAL has been working for 2 years under an expired contract and LCAL 4, let's spilit the difference and say the next contract will take 3 years to negotiate.

When you look at this TA, ask yourself: Am I willing to work under it until 2020, with no raise after 2017?

Last edited by LCAL dude; 11-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.