View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 AM
ForeverFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Interesting thoughts. First of all, I agree with you about the RLA. But then... if you have 7500 individual contractors, how could you call someone going to work a scab? For example, a pilot that bid a schedule and flew said schedule would nolt be taking anyone's flying... There would be no collective bargaining agent, therefore no one to call for a strike. I would think the concept of a "scab" would be rendered null and void at that point because mob rule doesn't translate well to a legitimate job action. FWIW....
You make good points. But here's the good part about union dissolution... just prior to filing papers dissolving the APA, the union could potentially print a handbook for what to do in the upcoming weeks and months. Mail the manual to every pilot, file the papers, and the APA is no more, but each pilot would still have solid guidance on what to do to apply pressure. There could be a period of "no make up", then, individual days of 100% strike, culminating in a 100% strike on a certain day.

It creates some very sticky legal issues, I'm thinking. Who does the company negotiate with? Can someone be sanctioned for creating the "strike manual" prior to APA dissolution? Other oddities too.

Scabs - Technically not scabs, but we know what pilot memory is like w/regards to those who cross a line, and it is a line. If/when the company caves, dust off the APA bylaws, re-form under a new name.

I understand it's a long shot and won't happen, but I see no other way to withhold services, and without that, we are twisting in the wind.