View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by todd1200 View Post
I'm not saying their statement is incorrect. I'm saying that they are the most skeptical group of scientists that I can find and they do not deny the possibility of man-made global warming. Prior to 2007, it was possible to say that an accredited scientific organization denied global warming (AAPG), but in 2007, they changed their stance and officially recognized the possibility of man-made global warming. AAPG seems to be the outlier, the overwhelming majority of credible scientific groups solidly affirm the reality of global warming. I'm wondering if there is a group of credible scientists somewhere in the world that denies the possibility of global warming.
No because a credible scientific organization can not deny or affirm anything. They can only hypothesize and attempt to prove or disprove their hypothesis. Now show me a credible organization that has backed up their hypothesis on MMGW.

The money quote from AAPG: AAPG respects these scientific opinions but wants to add that the current climate warming projections could fall within well-documented natural variations in past climate and observed temperature data