View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Macman1
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Retired Airline
Default SATSAir

I just came back from a meeting with Tim McConnell at Stuart, Witham, FL. KSUA. He was on his 104 stop "mission" to introduce SATSAir to Florida. I had put in a resume on the website and asked to meet with the reps on the tour as it came through. Tim is a co-founder of the company and according to some of their info is Executive VP of Operations. I wore a tie! Not knowing what to expect I prepared myself for an interview but it turned out to be a totally relaxed discussion about the company and it's plans for the future. He said they are planning expansion into Florida but that they were more concerned on building up the existing passenger base first and then getting into marketing the southeast. They have approximately 1500 operations monthly now and if I'm correct the day before yesterday they had a record 85 operations.

He said that they had 40 pilots and 26 airplanes now and that the majority of the pilots were retired airline. They will be hiring again for Florida in May.

He confirmed the $30,000 for the first year. I asked about the training bond. They require a $9000, 9 month contract. If you leave before 9 months you owe them a monthly pro-rated amount. i.e. if you stay 9 months your contract is cancelled. Don't know about the restriction not to go with any competitor.

The work cycle would be 4 on, 3 off. He didn't mention the additional volunteer day but said that he would pack a bag for 4 days since once you're on the road you may spend the total time away. This interested me since I'd rather be away for 4 days than commute unless the base was Stuart. It would be their option to return you home overnight based on the cost of hotels and away expenses -- the airplane being very efficient.

Overall I enjoyed the meeting and was impressed with their plans. I told him I hoped to be hearing from him in May.

Macintosh b'Gosh

Last edited by Macman1; 03-10-2007 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Corrected training bond to 9 months.