View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 04:50 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Talking Compensation

Originally Posted by Punkpilot48
Ok so I think we have narrowed it down......everybody elses life is better than us and we dont deserve a good one. No thats not it at all. We as pilots dont have proper training. No we are over trained. Wait Were we trained or did someone pay to work? Anyone seeing where Im going with this. Its a long thread and I dont remember has anyone put a number out there? How much should we make should we be rewarded for our bravery or punished because any 22 year old punk can do the job. (haha hopefully thats me)

Heres something I just thought of....

Floorers and roofers and plumbers and bus drivers and realtors and your next door neighbors nephew all make more than a pilot right? But how often out any of those professions do you hear of a floorer not being home for Christmas? Or a plumber losing his family cause he is only home 3 nights a week? Sure these are things we know to expect before we become pilots but shouldnt there be some sort of compensation from the companies?

Damn the man!
PunkPilot,

Don't forget that floorers, roofers, plumbers, bus drivers, Realtors and your next door neighbors nephew actually work for a living. They get compensated for doing something for their money. (except for Realtors that is).

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 01-10-2006 at 04:54 PM.