Old 12-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by SuperConductor View Post
Perhaps you should ask that same question to every airline management team which has filed for bankruptcy over the last 30 years? They have been allowed to breach contracts in their race to the bottom, and in so doing, rip-off you, and me. I mean, that is what you're arguing for....right? If they as students should be held accountable for their decisions and debts, shouldn't airline management too?

It really makes me wonder which side some of you supposed "pilots" are really on?

But for your information, the section of the XIV Amendment in questions follows;

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Constitution of the United States

That said, it has been accordingly upheld, "No state shall deny to any person within its juristiction the equal protection of the laws."

Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You may not like it (I sure don't), but a company legally filing bankruptcy and liquidating pensions is legal. Don't like it? Run for office and change it. Write your reps and demand change.

Now pay your loans off, my tax dollars shouldn't because you can't hold up your end of the bargain, which you signed on the dotted line for.

Originally Posted by SuperConductor View Post
Said the airline management team to the pilots.
What does any airline mgmt team have to do with whatever bank you entered into a legal obligation with for your student loans? Personal responsibility, try it some time.