View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
EFIS COMP MON
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2005

As a Mesa pilot, and one who is aggresively pursuing other options in order to escape this prison ASAP, I totally agree (although I would like to add that the Freedom debacle was not only pilots coming in off the street, but MANY of our "own" that crossed to the dark side).

I'm looking at starting over at another regional with 2-1/2 years of seniority here, 2000+ hours in the jet, and upgrade "right around the corner" because I'm sickened when I see that Mesa badge on my uniform. I'm repulsed by what it stands for...namely, the inhumane treatment of people. Also, at the very least, not getting paid for doing my job. I don't see my picture on my ID, but one of JO laughing and saying "I can't believe you all let me get away with treating you like this!".

So, let's add it up...2-1/2 years as an FO at Mesa, and let's hypothetically say another 2-3 years to upgrade when I start over at another regional. That's at minimum a total of 4-1/2 years of being an FO (at least). And to say that I'm not the only senior FO thinking about leaving is an understatement.

I won't be bitter about making the wrong decision to come to Mesa when I leave, but rather relieved (big time!). I'll realize that I put myself back 2-1/2 years, missed out on PIC time, more money, better QOL, etc. Yet I'll be able to look in the mirror and respect myself for doing what's right, and not selling my soul for upgrade. That's worth more than any PIC time I could have.

And on that note, I'm sure CFIse will pipe in to tell me I'm overreacting...