View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Rocco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by GIANT PILOT View Post
You might want to look here, there's a thread in the Major Airline section about retirement numbers, and us cargo haulers are listed also. No sure if the FedEx or UPS numbers are accurate.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...t-numbers.html
I have a list like this. There is also one listed on the "Airline Profiles" section. Those are the mandatory numbers. I am looking for the real numbers. That is a good discussion though. I hardly venture from the Cargo section.

Early retirement at UPS is 55. Normal is 60. I believe FedEx is the same. Not sure about other carriers. There are very few leaving at 55. I personally know a couple that left before 60 when the company offered a "no penalty" buyout when they were looking to reduce the number of pilots through voluntary and non voluntary means!

I believe unless you have a medical issue, most will stay as long as possible. Why not? Choice schedules. Lots of vacation.

Just wondering what direction the "pilot shortage" will lead our elected officials to go. If it does go to 67, 70, 85, 110......whatever. I would like to call BS when I hear a senior pilot tell me "I would leave early or on time if our retirement plan were better". Almost like its my fault??