Thread: XJT Whipsaw
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM
JetBlast77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320

Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Wow....talk about revisionist history....Let's see if I have this right....

It is the XJT MEC that wants to work with management and be reasonable, and it is the ASA MEC that wants more and is being unreasonable.....Is that correct?

What exactly is the ASA MEC asking for that is more than what the XJT MEC is asking for?

My only beaf with the ASA MEC at this point is not being more aggresive in it's public statements regarding what has really been going on....They need to set the record straight.....
Joe, the XJT MEC has said Flightline will not work for us, but we are willing to discuss ANY OTHER SYSTEM. ASA has said no. The company has said costs have gone up with flightline from even the line bidding days, they are willing to move forward with ANY OTHER PBS SYSTEM. ASA guys have said no. When ALPA national came down and put our MEC in one room and yours in another, they asked the ASA guys if they were willing to lose RFPs and possible growth oportunities if it meant standing their ground on flightline, their answer was YES. ALPA national reported back to the company saying there was nothing more to talk about, both sides stopped talking, the company requested we open up section 26 for new pay rates for larger aircraft. That IS what happened. What have I missed? What "record" needs to be "set straight"?