Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
brianb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Airbus 319/320 Captain

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
That's ridiculous. Of course you could fly for 121, 135, or a corporate outfit. Your failures occured early in your primary flight training. Your'e flying now, and doing well. This is something that will stay with you. For your own peace of mind, even if you never elect to seek a flying job, go back and get your rating. Hammer it out, slowly one-on-one with a Part 61 instructor. Take all the time you need. Get over the hurdle.

If I missed it and you've done that already, then you've nothing to worry about in the future. Consider it a learning experience, and as others have noted, I'd give a lot of thought to the root cause of your experience in the training you received; four failures is usually not a student issue. It's a training issue, and the fault, while ultimately with you as the applicant, lies largely with the instructor and the program that recommended you for the tests when you weren't ready.

Life isn't over yet, and neither are your career options.
Well said sir. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Some people take longer then others to learn and there is nothing wrong with that. Back in the day, I failed my Private Pilot check ride on the first attempt because I plotted my cross country flight through the San Francisco TCA! The examiner let me learn my lesson the hard way but learn I did. Keep a positive attitude when possible and don't let failure keep you down. Good luck.