Thread: XJT Whipsaw
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:16 AM
JetBlast77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320

Originally Posted by Vertisch
Having met and spoke with the people that did the research, this is no where near an accurate representation of them. They know exactly what they are doing and I don't envy the job they have getting this stuff worked out.
Wow. This contract will truly never happen. I really understand now. Its not the whole "you can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink" argument....its first trying to convience someone that they are a horse in the first place. What i mean by this is that these guys arent conspiring against us, they truly believe they are right. Sadly they will never look at the presentation by the XJT MEC, so they most likely will never see what this system can truly be. I think someone said it earlier and it makes a lot of sense: ask yourself one question. If flightline is such a massive concession for the XJT guys (and it is) that they are unwilling to accept it, then logic would tell you that what they are proposing must be a massive improvement to what the ASA guys have now. If we arent willing to switch to anything less than what we have now, then this would have to be equal at the very least. Management WILL NOT sign a contract containing flightline unless its without vacation low, this system provides those same benifits but does not require it. So even if we agree to flightline it would have to be without vacation low, are you guys ok with that? I know we arent.