View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 PM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post

@bcpilot

You seem to have a lot knowledge when it comes to the DGCA .

I would still be required to undergo the same amount of training as someone with 250 hours.........

One of the 8 who got through was a friend of mine who had a little over 1500 hours of experience working as a flight instructor .

Air India has a simulator training training centre in Hyderabad India . It called CTE or Central Training Establishment .
It also informally called the Central Torture Establishment

DGCA...... I know exactly how that circus is played over there.....

As far as CTE, Central Training Establisment or Central Torture Establishment, whatever you call it.... It is a very good training place where they drill & grill the ab-initios but also very expensive, approx 25 lacs or $50,000 USD.... But, you will know everything there is to learn about the 320...

As for 1500 or 2000 hrs guy, the DGCA requirement may be same but the experienced guy will have a far better chance to abosrb training & finish the type rating without going into the extra sim sessions....

You yourself have agreed that out of the 150, only 8 made it & your Flight Instructor friend was one of the 8 who made it.....

So, do you even need to think twice what career route should be taken, specially by those who don't have a silver bullet..........????

There's a very old saying..

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.."