View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by The dude View Post
If this place is offering low-ball pay, won't help with relocation costs, & makes you interview on your own dime, I would take those as red flags of a penny pinching operation.
+1

A 500-series Part 91 Citation SIC job often pays $45k or more in the midwest...and one should expect a reasonable adjustment for cost of living if its located in the northeast.

THAT SAID:

Go do the interview. If they offer you the job, then you are in a position to either decline (you're back where you are today) or negotiate for a better salary and a relocation package.

If I were to interview you for a similar position, I'd ask a few very basic technical questions to verify you know what you're supposed to know given your background. After that, it'd be "Why do you want to work for us", "What are your mid and long-term career goals", and some customer service-related "Tell me about a time" scenarios. I'd then ask you some questions to try and figure out if you'll be tolerable flying with me for the next _ number of ears, and give you an opportunity to ask me questions so you can figure out if I'll be tolerable flying with you for _ number of years.