View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
bcrosier
Eats shoots and leaves...

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Didactic Synthetic Aviation Experience Provider

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Irrelevant. The FAA's charter is a function of an act of congress. What individuals do, want, or how they behave, is not relevant.

The FAA does not exist to cater to you or anyone else in crafting the regulations to help you progress in your career. It's your problem, not the FAA's.
I'm sort of puzzled as to why you aren't able to comprehend what I've written. I'm well past the point of any of this being relevant to my career - I'm not quite certain why you aren't picking up on that. I personally have other issues to address beyond this to address.

Then all you need to do is campaign to change the regulation, then make it happen.
If safety is the only issue you feel should have a bearing on the issue, then YOU should be busy campaigning to raise the minimums to 5000TT, 2000XC, and 500 instrument.

Work a little harder. You'll get it.
I'm trying to approach you with a bit of humor. If I were to describe how you are coming across it would be a violation of the TOS on here. I'm not impressed.

For many years prior to that, 2,500 was barely competitive for many of those jobs. The brief period of 250 and 300 hour wonders was a temporary low, and many here are too young to remember otherwise.
Congratulations, you've just reposted what I already stated 13 posts ago.

You're not entitled to a job. You may actually have to earn a little more experience to get there. Not a big deal.
I don't recall saying I thought I or anyone else was entitled to a job. Given my background, exactly what additional experience do you feel I should "earn" to "get there?"

What I know is that there is by regulatory definition in most other areas a less demanding set of criteria for operations under Part 135 vs. 121. If you doubt me, read through both parts and tell me which places more demands on the operator in general. Given that, I find the fact that the requirement to have only 250 hours less for a 135 PIC vs. a 121 PIC to not be reasonable, nor logical. Before you start inflating puffing yourself up again, yes - I realize there are darn few 121 PIC's around with 1501 hours; as you so quaintly put it, "Irrelevant." If the FAA's duty is simply to maximize safety, then either regulatory requirements for 121 PIC should be drastically increased (which is a possibility) or 135 should be lower.