Thread: Delta Jumpseat
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Husker4Life
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: MD11 Capt
Default Delta Jumpseat

I rarely jumpseat offline but had quite the pleasant experience today on Delta and just wanted to say thanks.

I showed up at the gate in ATL looking for a ride to Sarasota. There was a Delta FO already getting a jumpseat pass at the counter and there was a list of people on standby.
It didn't look good but I asked the gate agent anyway what he thought. He told me the jumpseat was taken and there was no way I was riding on that flight. Fair enough. I left the gate to seek another option. As I was leaving, the FO (Dan) stopped me and said to stick around for a few mins. He offered to ride in the flight attendant seat if it was available and he would give up the jumpseat. He then talked to a different gate agent and worked out some details. There ended up being seats in the back for both of us, but I thought his offer to give up his jumpseat and ride in the flight attendant seat was above and beyond. As we were boarding, the gate agents were requiring all roller bags to be gate checked and Dan gave me a Delta crew luggage tag and then carried both my bag and his out of the jetway and down to the crew baggage area. Again, definitely above and beyond. So a big thanks to Dan for his help, to the gate agent who worked with him and to the operating crew for a great flight.