View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

I had a chance to meet a 34,000 hrs ex-comair pilot at the regional pilot job fair in MCO in Nov 2012.

Is there a time when one says that I've had enough experience...

I guess, experience is never enough.......

However, there is reasonable experience for the type of operation....

The regionals as we refer to them today are NOT the regionals they were at one point & definitely NOT supposed be, what they are today.

The regionals are pretty much ready to assume the role of DOMESTIC airlines. CRJ900 & E175/E190 are much complex planes than a C404 or B1900.

The entry level jobs as we know them are not as many as they used to be & I think every one will agree with me. The banks don't need the checks to be flown, infact one doesn;t even need to go to bank to deposit a check.
Click a pic on your smart phone & the check is in your account. So what do you fly....

The students are not there, so CFI is not the option for eveyone... Pipeline patrol or any kind of low flying is defintely NOT for entry level guys.....

So, there has to be a happy medium, strike the right balance; where the entry level 800, 1000 or 1500 hrs guys should have an oppertunity to get experience somehow & move on.

This year is not 1970 or 1980 or 1990..... It is 2013....

The world has changed & so the industry & the profession will have to evolve accordingly......