View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by feltf4 View Post
Hmm, been out of the loop with Jetblue for a little while but was always under the impression that people loved it there... Thanks for the info, Let me know when you guys move on so I can move in...
As others have posted. JetBLue is NOT the carrier that we joined years ago. Nor is it the carrier that management and koolaid drinkers tell you it is.

In the last 5 or so years, they have terminated a number of pilots for various reasons. The latest two are fighting the terminations and both have good chances to be paid off (big $$$$), reinstated or both. Management if violating our PEA and not following the disupute resolution process and violating the FOQA and ASAP programs to terminate guys. It has turned into a very hostile work envioirment, especially if you are pro-union. However, every work group is having similar issues. They are terminating FAs for the least little thing and just terminated the #1 FA. Seems new hires FAs are cheaper than senior FAs ($18/hr vs $40+ per hour)

Coming to JetBlue can be a good stepping stone to a real major (as long as you don't need PIC time). However, everyone needs to come here with your eyes wide open.

Just my opinion......

FNG