View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
hair-on-fire
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by FNG320 View Post
JetBlue ELT has need of the aircraft to continue expansion. The A321s don't come till the end of the year and may not produce any revenue until late 4th qtr. The real problem is that JetBlue deferred too many A320s and cancelled too many A320 options, resulting in a shortage of aircraft. Thus thier only option is to accept more E190s to get airframes. However, the increase to 7 E190s is not exactly a new change. If you go back and look at earlier delivery schedules, we where origionally suppose to get 7 E190s in 2013, but later deferred some to later years. This is just returning to the original deliver scheduled for 2013 (ref the SEC filines for the last 4 years).

The real problem is that we need aircraft, any aircraft. I believe management would prefer A320s, but the only thing on our order sheet we can get is E190s. The E190s has turned into a turd. The word is that its cost per block hours is the same as the A320 (but with 50 less seats and poor reliablity). But it is better than nothing. (maybe).

Just my opinion......

FNG
I know, more airplanes is bad news.