View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
So why not refer a 1500few hour cfi to a better paying eagle over a god awful rah?

At least eagle is facing mass attrition to aa.
You (and anyone else) are free to do as they please. I'm not specifically telling you NOT to do that, just criticizing the self-hypocrosy OF doing it. You're assisting the very people who have screwed you over time and again. Your union has been doing it for years and you guys have screamed to the rafters about it (yet doing nothing to stop it) and now want to join them in the assistance game. Again,..........I say go for it !!!

Mass attrition to AA ?

So far, the only attrition I see is perhaps 100-150 flowthru's with AA numbers in the near future and then MAYBE 824 pilots that will take many years to flow. Doesn't your supposed fleet plan provide for about 7-800 less pilots then are currently employed ?

It's very possible you'd just be luring pilots to Eagle for a future furlough situation, especially with the uncertainties of a merger. Better pay at Eagle vs. more likely advancement at RAH ?

That's a tough call. Of course, they have shiny jets coming and flying candy is tough to turn down for pilots.....even if it tastes like crap after awhile.