View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Originally Posted by 6blade View Post
Reach in your pocket and buy one more set for 7 dollars, by not doing you are intentionally trying to prove a point...

Don't say that you don't have the money, or at UAL we did not have to pay for uniforms... You are not at your old United....

Guarantee that you will all reach deeper in your pockets and give more that the $7 when your group hires the lawyers to sue everyone because of the SLI and perceived entitlements....

Surprise surprise, I completely disagree.

They want you to wear wings? Then they can provide them. Whats next? Am I going to have to upgrade my PC to do my free home based training? My own hotel room when at the schoolhouse? Meals on transcons?

He sure as hell isn't "at his old United" any more, Sport. Yet, he still flies their routes, planes and passengers. How about them showing us a little bit of professional dignity and respect? You have an ATP in your pocket. According to WIKIPEDIA, at the end of 2011 there were only 142,511 of us the US. By contrast, there are over 800,000 licensed physicians in the US.

Apples and oranges perhaps, but we are a fairly small group of highly educated and trained professionals. How much trouble and expense did you go through just to get the quals to APPLY for this gig let alone actually stand a chance of getting hired? And how long did they string you and your family out on this latest POS contract? How much did Jeff take home on DAY ONE of the merger?

Allow me to refresh the audiences memory.....

<<"Airline CEO Jeff Smisek started 2010 with a vow not to receive any salary until Continental Airlines turned a profit, and ended the year with a pay raise and $4.4 million in total compensation after pulling off a merger with United Airlines.

Smisek, who is CEO of the merged carrier’s parent company, United Continental Holdings Inc., received salary of $791,250 and $3.6 million in other incentives at year's end. Directors determined that Continental would have been profitable for the year and also bumped up Smisek’s base pay following the Oct. 1 merger to $975,000, according to a proxy statement filed Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

But Smisek’s compensation was dwarfed, on paper, by the $16.8 million awarded to Glenn Tilton, his pre-merger counterpart at Chicago-based United Airlines.

Tilton and other senior executives reaped hefty rewards for consummating a deal that created the world’s largest carrier and contributed to an 85 percent jump in the airline’s share price. United also exceeded its targets for customer satisfaction, on-time arrivals and financial performance for the year.

In addition to his base pay of $822,999, Tilton also received $2.7 million in a discretionary bonus awarded in September, shortly before the merger closed.">>

United CEOs reaped rich rewards for 2010 merger - Chicago Breaking News

Let THEM supply the wings. They already stole our pensions and used the courts and bankruptcy laws to gut the contract. Yet according to you, we're expected to buy wings? You go right ahead, but me and many of the UAL types (and Motch) are going to push back. We are committed to our horrible culture.

The day you stop complaining is the day they take more away. I've got about 14 years of recalcitrance left and a great memory in my hip pocket.

As far as the lawsuits, don't hold your breath. The fat lady will sing and that will be that.