View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
bage881
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: C150|Student
Default "Green" Instructor...Sigh

So I have a situation, I was assigned a "green" a.k.a New Flight Instructor , pretty young, no more than 4 years older than me...I'm 22 years old.

I subsequently flew with another instructor who was much more mature, before we set off he asked about my previous experience etc. (Only 10hrs logged)... for that entire flight, I basically did everything preflight, taxi, takeoff, land (It felt like an actual lesson, he just sat next to me and told me what to do and basically corrected me. Etc)

Now with this "Green" Instructor I get the sense that he's a bit hesitant with me, E.g. he would ask what I've done already, I'd tell him and it feels as though he's for better words (hogging the controls) he went through the checklist, basically himself while I just sat there like an idiot pretending like I don't know what to do, but with the more mature Instructor it was the complete opposite...It's like I'm doing over stuff that I already know! And it's frustrating!

I'm on a time constraint and I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this youngin..what do you guys think?