View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:22 AM
blulavboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Back on the "light" side...

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Your a busy guy then in his old office I'd imagine.
Well it sounds like he did a good deal pay-forward then and that is great.

Too keep the thread a little on track here - can you give some details about what your training has consisted of to this point and where you se it going in the future.
Sequestration has certainly changed the game some with regard to stability, but I'd say it still doesn't hold a candle to the instability of the general airline industry.
Well, I wouldn't say its all that busy, just yet. This based mostly because the majority of my training hasn't been completed as yet and hence I'm unable to really sign off on anything and really deal with any issues from a regulatory standpoint. I would expect this to change when I come up on my one year anniversary and my training is complete and I recieve my 110A.
At that point, I will be probably assigned to a particular certificate and wind up going to school for a particular fleet type.

To pass the time whilst in between my OKC stints, there's plenty of E-learning and riding along with some of the other guys to certificate holders HQ and the airports.
It's a different way of life, no question to that! Coming from a flying background is a big adjustment, however I've gotten a few full passports and alot of boxes checked along the way. My point being is that the instability of many of the segments of the flying world and the possibility of moving around in the FAA is what really drove me here.

Who knows what's going to come from the sequestration deal, not like there's anything I can do about it anyway, so I'll just keep my head down for the time being until my proby time is up.....