Thread: AA procedures
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 AM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by Bad-Andy View Post
Where did you hear that? As of Monday, the official word is -- there is no decision yet. They're working on cost analysis of both...

Will it cost more to change 8500 pilots to the LCC standards/procedures (allowing a 12 month training cycle) or will it cost more to bring 5000 pilots to AA stan/proc, but reducing the training cycle to 9 months?

Or some hybrid? (I.E. Airbus procedures will be LCC, 757/767 will switch to AA procedures, and 737-400/737 NG will remain separate each with their respective procedures -- until the 400s are gone).

Trust me, nothing is set in stone yet. (The Feds haven't even decided which CMO Office/Region will keep the certificate. The Eastern region -- in which PIT is -- needs to keep a CMO in order to maintain staffing). We are a long way off from a single-certificate, so no need for either side to panic (or rejoice) yet...
On one of the conference calls Parker said that they learned from our merger that it was easier to have the smaller group move to the larger groups procedures (I'm not sure if procedures was the word he said). I took it to mean things like res migration and IT since those were two of the biggest issues with AA/US, not necessarily every little thing we do. At least I hope not. I think there is time to try and look for the best of both.

How ya been?