View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
JohnnyG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Ameriflight. Flight Express. Both hire fairly inexperienced pilots and put them in multi engine aircraft. Ameriflight transitions shortly to turbine equipment. Done.
I have a fair amount of multi for someone in my position.

To that, Ameriflight is not interested in hiring me. I've recieved no interview offers or other.

I've never heard of Flight Express, and this is why I talk to people and stay active. I'll look into it today.

I'm willing to move anywhere in the world. I probably wouldn't move to Kenya to fly a 172, I'm not that bad off. I'm very thankful for having the jobs I have now, simply flying and building multi. I'm just annoyed that there really doesn't seem to be a step up.

I would be interested in hearing about job postings on sites that don't just cater to corporate and airlines. Anywhere I could find out about utility or ag work or anything else would be worth looking into. I put as many hours into networking and researching my next job application as I do holding a yoke or stick.

Climbto350? I have indeed wondered if the site is fraudulent. I'm hesitant to throw any accusations out. I do find it curious that so many people who are very qualified hear nothing back from some of these places. On willflyforfood.com I got many responses back, some even to say 'no thank you'.