Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by dc10pilot View Post
the grass ain't always greener - and yes it did sound like you were bashing Omni but good luck hope it works out
Well, if it sounds like I'm bashing Omni, it's only because I'm trying to educate people about what it's really like to work there. I'm not exaggerating any of my posts to make a point, nor do I have a vendetta; Omni provided me the experience necessary to move on to career-level companies, which I appreciate. I still recommend Omni to people who are looking to break into the heavy international segment, but may not be competitive yet elsewhere. It's a stop along the road. Even if things go sideways here and I end up on the street, I still stand behind my decision to leave Omni. The atmosphere there was simply poisonous.

Right before I left, a pilot was left to sleep in the terminal in JFK from midnight to 8am without a VIP lounge or a hotel, simply because he operated in before catching his gateway travel home. Nobody deserves that sort of treatment. It's inhumane.

I realize that those senior and "in the club" may not see that side of the company, but those contemplating working there should talk with a typical line pilot before pulling the trigger.