Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
I could say its a bit disingenuous that you say you were left out there for FREE.... you got paid your min guarantee.... you were paid to be avail for X number of days for a min guarantee of 60 hours pay... thats what you got... FREE? I dont think so... if you think it was for free.....why dont you refund to the company the difference in your 60 guarantee and your actual hours flown times your hourly rate.....didnt think so. Does Omni ned a trip rig.... I would say yes.... does K4 need one... yes we do.... but what ever you did, it wasnt for free.

You have been lucky enough to be snagged by the "cream of the crap".... no need to bash where you came from .... and honestly had Atlas not hired you, you would still be at Omni.
I'm simply trying to help people still over there shoot for better in their next CBA. I was there during the negotiations for the first one, and was very vocal about the lack of rig. Nobody listened, and now I'm telling people why I left. This is not an Atlas vs. Omni thread.

Your argument about sitting around for free is exactly why we didn't get rig, and I thank you for pointing out why this attitude is a dangerous one.

I'll step back and let you guys argue it out, though. All the best.