View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
CyclingPilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default Thanks

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am determined to be an airline pilot. For me, money is no object, I just want my desk to be a cockpit. As far as route, military is not really an option for several reasons, so my only option is "pay my way." I have a friend who would let me be part of a small time builder, 100-150 hours a year PIC where I would only need an instrument and ASEL commercial. This only costs about 12k and with my current savings would put me in minimal debt. So I'm looking at two "no debt" scenarios. In the first: I save for 2-3 years and then do all my flight training at once and move on to CFI'ing full time. In the second: I do my instrument and ASEL commercial right away, deplete my funds, then work on saving while still building some flight time for 2-3 years; after which, I would finish training through CFI and then CFI full time. I guess the main difference between these two is that in the first I get to do all my training at once (is this better?). In the second, I split training into two pieces but I have more flight time (much of it PIC) once I complete CFI training. Any further thoughts would be great! Thanks.