Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 AM
MongoPawnInLife
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by UAL T38 Phlyer View Post
I have the dreaded 688a orders, But, I have over 20 years of Active Duty points...that is, I have crossed Sanctuary.

Would this new reg/interpretation apply here as well? "Sanctuary" being the term I was given my last few years in the Reserves where, if I was about to go on AD orders, I had to sign a Sanctuary waiver which said I wouldn't try to claim immediate retirement and money upon receipt of those orders.

Since then, I've accrued nearly 3 more years of AD points. I'm pretty sure I have about 21 or 22 years worth of AD points (hadn't thought it a worry before a week ago).

I think I'm OK, but curious as to other opinions.
Once you have 7305 AD points, you are eligible for active duty retirement. I filled out 5 waivers prior to hitting 7305 AD points and did not have to fill out any waivers after that.
I retired in 2010 and immediately drew retirement pay for more than 23 years' worth of points. After hitting 7305 AD, your IDTs and education points will also count toward AD retirement (up to a limit of 365/366 pts/yr).
Get a points printout from the ARPC website; you should see more than 7305 points in the AD column. That will allow you to collect retirement immediately when you retire.
Be prepared to call ARPC several times to make sure everything goes smoothly.